The Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra – it is hands down the best phone you cannot buy so far. Celebrating Xiaomi’s 10th anniversary, the Ultra pushes the limits of the Mi 10 series and brings the lineup to a close with the ultimate screen, the fastest charging, and the best of cameras.
The Mi 10 Ultra updates on the already larger Mi 10 Pro with major display enhancements – the screen now supports true 10bit color, so it can display a billion colors. It is brighter than the Night 800, but the most important update is often the 120Hz Fresh Fresh rate.
The rear camera is really impressive – it has everything you could think of, in current technology, that is. The main camera relies on a new Omnivision 48MP sensor with an OIS lens, while Sony comes with another 48MP snapper behind a 5x zoom lens. A 12MP portrait shooter for 2x magnified photos and a 12MP ultra-wide lens with a 20MP cam are also suitable for ultra macro shooting. The option to capture 8K clips with a 5x imager is one of the first things to happen. How?!
Another first is the 120W fast wire charger. The 120W brick in the retail box will recharge 40% of the battery in 5 minutes. Let it sink! Ultra 50W also supports fast wireless charging.
Such a special edition cannot be the same without any special wrap and Xiaomi offers one – in addition to the Obsidian black and Mercury silver versions, you can choose a limited transparent edition.
Unfortunately, the Ultra is currently only on sale in China and Xiaomi seems to be firm in its decision despite various requests and even online petitions across the forums.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra specs:
- Body: 162.4×75.1×9.5mm, 222g; curved Gorilla Glass front and back, aluminum frame; Obsidian Black, Mercury Silver, Transparent color schemes.
- Screen: 6.67″ Super AMOLED, 1080x2340px resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 386ppi; 120Hz refresh rate; HDR10+ support, 800nits brightness, 1B colors.
- Chipset: Snapdragon 865 (7nm+): Octa-core CPU (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585); Adreno 650 GPU.
- Memory: 8/12/16GB RAM, 128/256/512GB built-in UFS 3.1 storage.
- OS/Software: Android 10, MIUI 12.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 48MP, 1/1.32″ sensor, 1.2µmm pixel size, 25mm equiv. focal length, f/1.9 aperture, Laser AF, OIS. Telephoto: 12MP, 1/2.55″, 1.4µmm, 50mm lens, f/2.0, Dual Pixel PDAF. Long-range telephoto: 48MP, 1/2.0″, 0.8µmm, 120mm lens, f/4.1, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS. Ultrawide angle: 20MP, 1/2.8″, 1.0µmm, 12mm, f/2.2, PDAF, ultra-macro.
- Front camera: 20 MP, f/2.3, 0.8µmm, 1080p video.
- Video recording: Rear camera: 8K 4320p@24fps, 4K 2160p@30/60fps, FullHD 1080p@30/60/120/240/960fps; Front camera: FullHD 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 4,500mAh, 120W fast charging support, USB-PD support, 50W wireless charging, 10W reverse wireless charging.
- Connectivity: 5G, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual GPS, USB-C
- Misc: Stereo speakers; Optical under-display fingerprint reader; IR port.
Entry security means you don’t get with the Mi 10 Ultra and it seems like 10 years was not enough for the manufacturer to invest in such a thing. Again, Xiaomi has invested in a variety of startups and accessories, and we can’t imagine a world without Mi Band, Mi vacuums, Mi Air Purifier, Mi Routers, Mi Bulbs, and Mi whatnot. So, yes, we can live without an IP68 rating but it’s a pleasure to receive – if anyone on Xiaomi is reading this.
Although the Mi 10 Ultra is not officially seen outside of China, we are confident that many will get this Chinese model in one way or another. Let us now find out whether the hassle and hassle of getting a gray import is worth it. So, it’s time for us to remove this commemorative Mi 10 Ultra Transparent Edition!
Unboxing the Mi 10 Ultra
The Mi 10 is packed in an ultra-tall paper box and you’d think you’d get more content than the Mi 10 Pro bundle. Well, it’s true and false.
The box contains a charger, a USB-C cable, a 3.5mm adapter, and a transparent silicone case. You will not receive additional greetings.
Again that heavy brick 120W charger – it’s currently the fastest in the world. The USB cable is rated 6A – something you don’t see every day and of course – a non-standard problem cable.
If you want to enhance your experience with the Ultra, you will find the Xiaomi 55W wireless charger sold separately.
There is also a special plastic case with a carbon fiber pattern (again, sold separately), but it’s a real shame to hide the transparent versions from the back case. Official wiki
- / 2 days ago
Since online education has become a major popularity factor during this era, people always...
- / 2 weeks ago
Anyone going or gone through experiencing divorce would know how difficult it can become...
- / 4 weeks ago
As the coronavirus situation continues to hang over us heading into the winter, people...